Planning to go overseas but don’t know how to apply for a passport? Seems like it’s your lucky day because you’ve stumbled upon the right article. Here’s a step-by-step guide for you to help you through the process of applying for a passport online, allowing you to obtain it quickly from the comfort of your home.
How to Apply for Passport Online
1. Visit the Passport Seva website.
2. Register yourself on the website if you haven’t already. If you have an existing account, log in.
3. Click on the option “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport.”
4. Fill out the application form with all the required details and click “Submit.”
5. You can review your filled application by going to the home page and clicking on “View Saved/Submitted Applications.”
6. To schedule an appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra, click on “Pay and Schedule Appointment.”
7. Choose your preferred payment method and proceed with the payment.
8. After payment, click on “Print Application Receipt” and download the receipt. Pay attention!
When you have your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra, make sure to bring all the original documents with you. These documents are essential:
– Proof of present address (electricity bill, income tax assessment order, voter ID, Aadhar card, rent agreement if you live on rent, and passport copies of your parents).– Birth certificate.– Voter ID.– Either Aadhar card or PAN card.
You may wonder how long it takes for the passport to be delivered. Typically, it takes 30 to 45 days for a passport to be processed. However, if you opt for the instant mode, your passport application can be processed in 7 to 14 days, meaning you’ll receive your passport at home within 7 to 17 days.
Also Read: Haryana School Principal Enforces Haircut Discipline On 30 Students, Makes Them Bald